Reasons for UK visa refusal
The immigration decision is usually based on your eligibility, validity and suitability of a UK visa. Following are a few reasons for UK visa refusal.
- Providing the fake information to the home office.
- Not fulfilling the financial requirements.
- Failed to provide the information requested by the home office.
- Overstaying in the UK and breaching the immigration rules.
- Insufficient score on UK PBS (Point-based System).
- Unsuitability, if you impose a threat to national security.
- False marriage or relationship
- UK entry ban
Procedures to appeal a visa refusal
Once you receive a letter that your application has been rejected, you typically have three ways to proceed.
- The first option is to apply for immigration appeals for the refusal of your visa application. The refusal reasons should be analysed in detail and comprehended completely to know why the application was rejected and how it can be challenged.
- The second choice is to evaluate the rejection purpose and reapply by addressing the refusal reasons. It is typically a quicker process than appealing.
- The last option is to try to overturn the refusal prior to appeal by requesting reconsideration by UKVI. It is usually applied when UKVI has made an error. It is the most difficult option.
How long does it take to get a visa after an appeal?
Based on the type of UK visa, strength and application and complexity of your case, the immigration appeals can take up to 6 to 12 months. It is impossible to receive the decision on a hearing day when Tribunal hears the appeal; you will receive a decision roughly after a month. The home office will reverse the previous decision and issue you a visa if your appeal is successful.
What if your appeal is not successful?
If your appeal is not successful, you have the following options available.
- Submit a fresh application
- You can apply for a further appeal if you think a legal error has been made.
- Apply for a different type of visa.
How can SMA Solicitors help with an appeal visa refusal?
SMA Solicitors have a team of immigration lawyers with expertise in UK visa refusal appeals and their complexities. We will thoroughly review your case and advise you on the most suitable option. Contact us today for a free consultation.