PERSONAL IMMIGRATION LAW
STUDY VISA UK
For several decades the United Kingdom has remained one of the most respected and valued providers of education around the globe. Its unparalleled list of universities that are at the pinnacle of teaching and the experiences it offers students make candidates and alumni the frontrunners of competitions for job posts and the like.
Non-EEA (including Switzerland) students who wish to study in the United Kingdom will need to apply for a visa under Tier 4 of the Points-Based System. The general requirements for a student visa to be granted are:
- You are over the age of 16
- You must have been offered an unconditional place on a course with a licenced Tier 4 Sponsor;
- You can read, write and understand English to the requisite leave;
- You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your education;
Your course can be:
- Full-time leading to a qualification that is at least level 6 on Ofqual’s register;
- Part time leading to a qualification that is at least level 7 on Ofqual’s register;
- An overseas degree level course equivalent to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution;
- Full-time with at least hours a week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification of least level 3 on the Ofqual register;
- A recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist;
- An English language course at B2 level or above on the CEFRL.
The attraction of student visas can come with pitfalls. Entry Clearance Officers are always on the lookout for applicants they believe to be non-genuine students. It is therefore crucial to ensure that you fully understand your application, have done adequate research into your chosen institution of study and why you have chosen that course and institution in order to avoid being wrongly accused of not being a genuine student.
SMA Solicitors are available and on hand to assist with every aspect of the application process from the initial application form, any potential interview you may have before a decision is made on your case and, if you are refused, challenging that decision.
get the help you need
Visit us for your free consultation
020 8951 9951
Get In Touch
REQUEST YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
271D WILLESDEN LANE
NW2 5JG LONDON
T: 020 8951 9959
F: 020 8951 9950
Any data that you submit using this web form will be held by our firm as a Data Controller and will be held securely for 6 months before being securely and confidentially destroyed. Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent or as otherwise allowed by the relevant Data Protection legislation and will only be used for responding to your query (or purposes associated with that purpose)
You have the right to be informed about what data we hold about you along with other rights set out in the legislation. Further information about your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at www.ico.org.uk
Full details can be found on our website at on our website privacy notice